Treble Cone Position Description
Guest Services Supervisor
Position Summary: To supervise day to day running of the Treble Cone Sales office, including selling all TC products, merchandise and rental equipment and ensuring all departmental procedures are in line with company policies, while safely delivering high levels of guest satisfaction and encouraging staff performance and engagement. To deliver leadership and excellence in sales and Guest Services spaces.
Employment Status: Seasonal/Full time
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
- To uphold the company’s mission, vision and values at all times.
- To undertake administrative and sales tasks at an advanced level of knowledge, skills and experience required to oversee the efficient and profitable operating of Ticketing & Sales.
- Has a responsibility to ensure that all facilities and equipment are operated and maintained to a level that meets company and statutory standards and that the future of the company’s capital investment in protected.
- Is responsible for developing and upholding departmental service and safety standards and ensures departmental staff comply with those standards.
Guest Services - Daily Procedures:
- Identify and delegate daily tasks associated with safe and efficient daily function of the Guest Services team.
- Report to the Guest Services Manager as requested on, daily status, wage budget, rosters, banking issues and general department function.
- Manage staff daily transport numbers and breaks, weekly roster and availability for staff meetings.
- To develop departmental manual covering all operating and safety procedures in conjunction with the Guest Services Manager.
- To proactively contribute to improvements and developments of the ski area and the Guest Services function specifically.
- Abide by all company rules/systems as outlined in Guest Services and Ski Area manuals and ensure the same for departmental staff.
- To ensure all daily sales and takings are accurately processed as per company procedures and to also identify and resolve any errors.
- Support the team with their daily banking reconciliations and report any unsolved variances or errors to the Guest Services Manager.
- Handles all general customer enquiries, complaints, and refund requests and is responsible for processing refunds with the approval of the Guest Services Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the Guest Services Manager from time to time.
Staff Management (General HR & Policy):
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of the Guest Services team if required.
- To induct and supervise all staff in accordance with company guidelines while supporting compliance with NZ employment law.
- To support and foster an environment of open communication with team members at all times.
- To ensure all team members behaviour, while in uniform, is in line with company standards and values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Related experience in a Team Leader or Supervisory position.
- Have local knowledge of Wanaka and the tourism industry, with previous customer experience in a fast paced sales environment is desirable.
- Experience with cash handling and balancing sales and takings preferred.
- Have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Enthusiastic personality and has a genuine interest in making guests happy
- Background in a ski or tourism industry
- Love meeting new people and have a flair for customer service
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Have the Right to Work in New Zealand (valid Working Visa)
How To Apply
Applications will only be accepted via the Treble Cone Website. Please visit www.treblecone.com to apply online now. Applications Close 4pm (NZDST) 28 February 2019