Treble Cone Investments Ltd - Position Description
Snow Sports School Team Leader
Position Summary: To manage the daily operation of the Snow Sports School ensuring all departmental procedures are in line with company policies, while safely delivering high levels of guest satisfaction and encouraging staff performance and engagement.
Employment Status: Seasonal/Full time
Reports to: Head of Snow Sports Manager
- To uphold the company’s mission, vision and values at all times.
- Has a responsibility to ensure that all facilities and equipment are operated and maintained to a level that meets company and statutory standards and that the future of the company’s capital investment in protected.
- Is responsible for developing and upholding departmental service and safety standards and ensures departmental staff comply with those standards.
Snow Sports School - Daily Operations:
- Develop, coordinate and manage the Snow Sports School products.
- Manage staff training, development and quality of delivery.
- Manage staff daily transport numbers, weekly roster and daily schedules.
- Work alongside Snow Sports School Administration staff, Team Leaders and all management to ensure quality guest and staff experience.
- Act as a role model for instructors within the Snow Sports School.
- Supervise staff and guests, coordinating Group and Private lessons, assist with all Snow Sports School products.
- To develop departmental manual covering all operating and safety procedures in conjunction with the Snow Sports School Manager.
- To proactively contribute to improvements and developments of the ski area and the Snow Sports department specifically.
- Abide by all company rules/systems as outlined in Snow Sports and Ski Area manuals and ensure the same for departmental staff.
- Coordinate and process Skills Active assessments for designated candidates within the TC staff team where necessary.
- Attend all meetings and appropriate training sessions.
- Teach guests to ski in either personal or group situations.
- Comply with Company teaching Code of Ethics and ensures the same for Snow Sports School staff.
- Promptly and professionally handle problems, issues and complaints that arise during day-to-day operation of all snow sports programmes. Successfully mediate emotionally charged situations with employees and guests.
- Continue development of department product and quality.
- Liaise with lift operators and ski patrol on up to date field operations to provide accurate lift status and weather conditions.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the Snow Sports School Manager from time to time.
Snow Sports School - Plant & Equipment:
- Ensure all equipment including outdoor uniforms are worn correctly to minimise damage, handled with care and stored appropriately.
- Ensure that all radios are fully charged and operational.
- Identify maintenance and repair of equipment and liaise with necessary internal and external resources to resolve the issue.
- To ensure Snow Sports School staff give all due care to company plant and equipment.
- To ensure the meeting area is kept clean, tidy and hazard free and presented to the required departmental standard.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained and is updated according to industry standards and practices.
Staff Management (General HR and Policy):
- Actively involved in the recruitment and selection of the Snow Sports School team, with approval from the Snow Sports School Manager.
- To recruit, induct and supervise all staff in accordance with company guidelines while supporting compliance with NZ employment law.
- To support and foster an environment of open communication with team members at all times.
- To ensure all team members behaviour, while in uniform, is in line with company standards and values.
- To deliver and document all training on departmental and safety functions as per the department and H&S manual.
- To meet with staff to discuss and review the departmental philosophy and operation at least once a fortnight during the winter season.
- To foster harmonious relations throughout the entirety of Snow Sports School and Operational division.
- To encourage staff development by recommending staff for development and training.
Guest Service Delivery:
- Is committed to creating a service excellence within the department and supports company initiatives to improve the guest experience.
- Delivers a high standard of customer service to all internal and external guests and encourages the team to do the same.
- Provides input into improving or adding to the guest experience, looking at new or innovative solutions to do so.
- Is proactive in responding to guest complaints and is focused on improvement and looks for solutions to the issue.
- To operate within the approved departmental wage budget.
- To assist with departmental business planning.
- To complete and submit weekly department diary sheets.
- To develop departmental operating and safety procedures in conjunction with the Snow Sports School Manager.
Health & Safety:
- To support safety awareness training to all members of the Snow Sports School team and that all staff are made aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Supports and communicates procedures within the team that ensures Treble Cone is compliant with H&S legislation at all times.
- Reports, records and investigates all accidents and incidents within the Snow Sports School department openly and accurately.
- Actively ensures all hazards and risks are identified, documented and solutions are actioned as per company policy.
- Senior experience in Snow Sports instructor industry, minimum 6 seasons experience required
- Full certificate Instructors qualification preferred
How To Apply
Applications will only be accepted via the Treble Cone Website. Please visit www.treblecone.com to apply online now. Applications close 4pm (NZDST) 20 April 2019